Collin Champagne’s areas of expertise include architectural acoustics, interior room acoustics, acoustic testing, and noise monitoring, acoustic separation, and HVAC noise control. His combination of musical and engineering skills is a strong asset to SoundSense and assists the company in developing solutions that are artistic as well as innovative.
Collin has contributed to a variety of different projects during his time as a consultant including:
- Williamsburg Waterfront Highrise, Brooklyn, NY
- Disney Broadway HQ, New York, NY
- Midtown Historic Church, New York, NY
- Hudson Yards Commercial Highrise, New York, NY
- University Research and Development Center, Ithaca, NY
- Tribeca Residential Highrise, New York, NY
- Music Listening Room, Dallas, TX
- Central Park South Residential Highrise, New York, NY
Prior to joining SoundSense, Collin worked as a junior consultant at Shen, Milsom, & Wilke, LLC. Collin received his MA in Acoustics from The Peabody Institute at Johns Hopkins University in 2020 and his BE in Electrical Engineering and Music with a minor in Music & Technology from Stony Brook University in 2018. During his studies, Collin interned with SoundSense for three separate summers starting in 2013. Collin is a member of IEEE – HKN, and ASA. As an active musician and vocalist, Collin spends his free time writing and performing music in addition to hiking, creating textile arts, and spending time with friends.