senior acoustic consultant
4Sean Harkin’s specialties include acoustic separation, acoustic room design, mechanical noise mitigation, road and outdoor noise mitigation, vibration isolation, onsite acoustic testing and construction administration. Sean’s knowledge of construction, engineering, design, and acoustic materials aids SoundSense in providing a seamless integrated delivery of our acoustic solutions throughout the construction process ensuring a high level of quality control.
During his tenure at SoundSense, Sean has worked on many projects including:
- Blue Point Brewery, Patchogue, NY
- Baron’s Cove, Sag Harbor, NY
- Watchcase Factory, Sag Harbor, NY
- The Hermitage at Napeague, Montauk, NY
- The Beachcomber Montauk, Montauk, NY
- Hermes of Paris, Hackensack, NJ
- The Crossings at Highland Park, Highland Park, NJ
- 85 West End Avenue, East Hampton, NY
- 174 Further Lane, East Hampton, NY
- Sagaponack Common School, Sagaponack, NY
Sean joined Sound Sense on a full-time basis upon his graduation from Ithaca College in 2015. Prior to graduation, Sean was employed by the company as a summer & winter break intern for two consecutive years.
From Ithaca College, Sean holds degrees in physics, with a concentration in acoustics, and bassoon performance. As a bassoonist, Sean has performed with Symphoria, formerly known as the Syracuse Symphony; the Cayuga Chamber Orchestra; and Ithaca College’s Chamber Orchestra, Symphony Orchestra and Wind Ensemble. As an active performer in the Long Island community, Sean enjoys playing in solo, band, orchestral and chamber music settings.